Throughout our website, we have referenced various studies and reports.
Here is a list of these resources, some of which are publicly available.
- An FAO study on Non-Wood Forest Products World Bamboo Resources 2005
- KM Wong’s Bamboo: The Amazing Grass; A guide to the Diversity and study of Bamboos in SouthEast Asia
- World Resources Institute’s Bamboo: The Secret Weapon in Forest and Landscape Restoration?
- Bamboo Societies around the World
- International Network for Bamboo and Rattan (INBAR)
Articles & Chapters:
- Bystriakova, N., Kapos, V. & Lysenko, I. (2004). Bamboo Biodiversity: Africa, Madagascar, and the Americas. Cambridge: UNEP World Conservation Monitoring Centre.
- Fang, Y., Cote, R.P. & Qin, R. (2007). Industrial sustainability in China: Practice and prospects for eco-industrial development. Journal of Environmental Management. 83(3), pgs. 315-328.
- Foo, J (2002). Integrated Bio-systems: A Global Perspective. In Integrated Biosystems for Sustainable Development. Edited by K.Warburton, U. Pillai-McGarry & D. Ramage, Kingston, Australia: Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation.
- Fu, M. & Lou, Y. (2002). Prospects of research on sustainable management techniques of bamboo forests in China. In Bamboo for Sustainable Development. Edited by A. Kumar, I.V. Ramanuja Roa, and Ch. Satry. Pgs. 431-442.
- Lu, J., Zhao, X. & Wang, D. (2005). Chicken Bamboo Farming in Southern China. LEISA Magazine, September, 22-23.
- Scherch, J. (2006). From Rhizome to Renaissance: Engaging Integral Bamboo Systems for Sustainable Development. International Journal of Environmental, Cultural, Economic, and Social Sustainability, 2(4), 37-53.
- Scherch, J., Ellis, T., Archuletta, E., Green, T. & Rozema, M. (2009). A Proposal for Bamboo Resource Systems for Social, Economic, and Environmental Benefits in the Pacific Northwest USA. Buckminster Fuller Challenge. Online: http://challenge.bfi.org/application_summary/414.
- Scherch, J. (2009). Whither Our Embrace of Bamboo: Observations from Forest, Farm, and Factory. International Journal of Environmental, Cultural, Economic and Social Sustainability, 5(4).
- Walakira, E.J., Ddumba-Nyanzi, I. & Kaawa-Mafigiri, D. (2014). HIV and AIDS and Its Impact on Child Well-Being. In. A. Ben-Arieh et al. (eds.), Handbook of Child Well-Being, Dordrecht: Springer Science+Business Media.
- Wu, X. & Gu, X. (2002). A Study on the effects of inoculating associated nitrogen-fixing bacteria on moso bamboo seedlings. In Bamboo for Sustainable Development. Edited by A. Kumar, I.V. Ramanuja Roa and Ch. Satry. Pgs. 269-278.
- Zhu, Z. & Wei, J. (2006). The supply chain of bamboo industry and fully utilization of bamboo materials. Presentation for International Training Workshop on the International Training Workshop on Bamboo Industrial Processing Technologies and Machines, September 6-20, 2006, Zhejiang, P. R. China.
Books & Web Directories :
- Farrelly, D. (1984). The Book of Bamboo. Sierra Club Books.
- Lewis, D. & Miles, C. (2007). Farming Bamboo. Self-published. ISBN: 13978-1-4357-0131-1.
We hope our mission speaks to you.
Help us grow new opportunities.
Pacific Bamboo Resources
From Rhizomes to Resilience:
We’re positioning bamboo resources for 21st-century sustainability.